Gearing Up Ford's 10-Speed Off-Road Performance Truck
— June 12, 2019
After years of faithful service testing and demonstrating Narva products, the old Ford Ranger stepped aside to make way for the more capable off-roader from Ford Performance. We wasted no time decking out a new Raptor in the latest Narva and Projecta auto-electrical gear, alongside a host of quality aftermarket accessories.
Narva Ranger Raptor Walkthrough
First up was a Trig Point canopy, chosen for its outstanding build quality and attention to detail. These are one of the lightest in their class, but still super strong. This was important considering the Raptor doesn’t have an enormous load carrying capacity. The canopy, with gullwing doors encompasses a 70L water tank and is completed with Narva tail and interior lights. Within the canopy sits an 80L Waeco standup fridge, also chosen for its light weight of no more than ~25kg. A great saving compared to the average 60L fridge and drop down slide at around 80kg.
A Brown Davis 150L long range tank, ensures the fuel to go further, whilst a Mean Mother 9500lb winch inside an Offroad Animal bull bar keeps the vehicle out of trouble. Cooper STT Pro Tyres in 305/65/17 combine with upgraded coils from CalOffroad on the factory FOX shocks to make quick work of rugged terrain and hill climbs. Ensuring power on the go, the Raptor relies on a host of Projecta equipment, including IDC25L lithium dual battery charger, Intelliwave 1000W inverter, BM320 smart battery gauge and LVD30 low voltage disconnect.
Narva Lighting & Electrical:
- 6 x Laser Etched Switches mounted to roof interior
- 2 x Ultima 180 L.E.D driving lights (bar)
- 2 x Ultima 215 L.E.D driving lights (bar)
- 1 x Explora 22” Single row L.E.D light bar (bar)
- 2 x Explora 22” Double row L.E.D light bar (roof)
- 2 x Narva 90mm DRL/FOG lights (bar)
- 2 x 72449 L.E.D Work lamps (roof)
- L.E.D interior strip lamps in the canopy
- HDRV Accessory, USB & Merit sockets
- Waterproof fuse holder with fault indicators
- High Amp manual reset circuit breakers